Leather Cleaning Rockford IL
Leather furniture has several advantages over upholstered furniture. First, leather is a very dense material. Because of this, it prevents smoke, dust, and animal hair from penetrating or bonding to the surface. Second, leather is extremely strong, allowing leather furniture to maintain a good appearance even when heavily used. Finally, leather has a calming influence on interior design. The singular color of leather often goes very well with busy patterns of rugs or other furnishings.
- Despite leather’s durability, it still must be maintained. The finish on a leather chair sitting near a window can become dry and start to crack. Oil from hands can discolor arm rests. Small particles of soil and dust can become ground into the leather in the seating areas, dulling the original color. All of these common symptoms are evidence that the leather is in need of a cleaning. Proper cleaning will remove stains, ground-in soil, and dust, as well as restore the protective coating of the leather.
- Many people attempt to maintain their leather furniture themselves. Many simply use a wet sponge to wipe down their leather furniture. But water may only be used on protected leathers without causing staining. And while a sponge may remove dust, it will not remove soil nor will it restore the leather’s finish. Other people use store-bought cleaning products made for leather. However, many of these cleaning products on the market contain chemicals that damage the leather’s finish, causing it to become overly dry and crack. Other products contain wax-type conditioners to soften leather, but in time they harden and glaze up.
- As with the cleaning any other surface, the key is proper chemistry. We use leather cleaning products made by Leather Master. Leather Master is the most recognized name in the leather furniture industry. We use products specially made for aniline, protected, and nubuck (suede) leather.
- Q. Can you remove stains from leather?
- A. We use cleaning agents designed specifically to remove various types of stains, such as coffee, oil, and ink. The effectiveness of any stain removal procedure depends on what was spilled as well as the type of leather. Attempts to remove a stain can sometimes exacerbate a problem. We will advise you during inspection as to whether it is recommended to attempt to remove a particular spot.
- Q. What types of leather can be cleaned?
- A. Most leather furniture sold today is protected. We clean not only protected leather, but also aniline and suede as well.
- Q. How often should leather furniture be cleaned?
- A. The frequency of cleaning depends on its use. Leather furniture that is frequently used should be cleaned annually, bi-annually for high use. Leather cleaning is similar to washing and waxing a vehicle – the more frequently the better. Removing body and food oils and ground-in soil will only help to retain the furniture’s appearance.
- Q. Can you remove odor from leather?
- A. Yes! The most common odors are smoke and pet urine. We can successfully remove both using ozone and deodorizers.
- ABC Carpet Cleaning in Roclford Illinois is certified at leather cleaning & repairs. According to most manufacturers your leather should be cleaned and moisturized every 6 months to prevent cracking.